Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Finally

All right, okay. Libraries are about information. All kinds of information. Some of this new information comes too fast or when I don't want it. Some of it is too silly for me. Most of it I simply do not care about. Right now. But, it is all good to know in case a patron wants it. After all, a lot of people read things I would throw away. All kinds it takes.
After all this time and effort and the guilt, yes I felt guilty when I wasn't 2.0ing and felt guilty when I was, I don't get anything except knowledge for knowledge's sake. I don't get anything CEUs because you don't think Circulation staff have enough education to continue with. It should be known, it should be written that we did this too. It should go towards a promotion.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I agree with you that Circ is not given the recognition for its work. Work that is similar to librarian and more; which SHOULD be accounted in for promotion.

IrmBrown said...

Congrats on finishing the 23 Things. I think it's awesome and fantastic that you did this. I'm not versed on the HR perspective, but I do hope you'll be using the Web for many more things that you did before.